Friday, June 30, 2017

How to get Mobily Connect USB working on your OSX 10.5 كيفية جعل موبيلي كنكنت يعمل مع الماك

First Published : MONDAY, JUNE 22, 2009 AT 11:46PM


After several problems with STC using ADSL connection was up and down, I switched to Mobily Connect. I was told that Mobily connect do support Mac too. When I arrived home and open the box, tried to install the software and I was unable to dial out, the application crashes continuously. Exactly the same with my iMac. I tried calling the support, the support guy does not look like he used a Mac before and the same story in the local Mobily office. It looks like the shipped software does not support OSX 10.5.7. After waiting for 3 days, I decided to figure it out myself and things just worked perfect. Here is how to get it working
  1. Go to http://www.three.co.uk/Home
  2. Select “Help and Support”
  3. Select “Mobile Broadband Help”
  4. Select “Step-by-step guides”
  5. Select “Installing your modem”
  6. Select “I want to know how to install my modem”
  7. Select your modem mine is ZTE MF637, however “ZTE MF627” worked for me
  8. Select your OS for me its “ Apple Mac 10.5 (Leopard)
  9. Download and install the software
  10. Plug in your USB modem
  11. Run the “3 Connect for MacOS X” from application folder
  12. Select "Tools" -> "HSDPA/UMTS/GPRS" -> "Manage Profiles..."
  13. Create a new profile with the following parameters
  14. Click “Connect” and start browsing !


















No comments:

How to get Mobily Connect USB working on your OSX 10.5 كيفية جعل موبيلي كنكنت يعمل مع الماك

First Published :  MONDAY, JUNE 22, 2009 AT 11:46PM After several problems with STC using ADSL connection was up and down, I switched t...